Wednesday 11 July 2007

Only 1 day 13 hrs 13 mins before we start!


Last night we had our first team meeting at The Mill Adventure Centre, where we are holding our end of Challenge party- Hard Rock Fest - in August.

The first parcel had arrived from North Face and the boys had fun trying on the t-shirts and first layers. Only one problem no water proof jacket for me, and I think the way the weather is looking I might need one!

We have been told that The Army Press people are coming along to Chedder to film the start, and hopefully the local TV will also turn up, I suppose it depends what else is happening in the South West on Friday morning.

Today was a bit of a rest day, Rich and I went shopping in Taunton, mostly for 'Mountain Food', but could not resist the special offer on cheap DVDs, so bought 13 new movies just in case we have to spend hours waiting for the rain to stop! Vertical Limit should keep us all laughing.

David Simmonite has also confirmed that he is coming down on Friday to take photos, I am sure I also heard that he has arranged for some of 'The North Face Team' to come and join us, how many people can we fit in our small motorhome?

Off out now for a meal with friends in a 'real English pub' cant wait.



Meeting now resumed at the Rock Inn, Waterrow nr Taunton.

Simon, Rich, Sam, Keith, Hazel, Jon, Caffrey and Tufu.

No comments: