It started ok with the guys very kindly receiving a lift further up the trail to Loch Dubh from the Balmoral ranger, kindly organised by Colin Munro from Braemar Mountain Rescue Team. The lift saved the guys an additional 4 miles on the walk-in which was hugely welcomed!
However having arrived at the crag, the guys couldnt actually see the routes as the rain came in. So after waiting a while to see if conditions were going to improve, they walked out and have set up base in the campsite in Ballater.
Having checked the weather the team are hopeful they can get King Rat and Goliath done tomorrow before heading over to the West Coast for The Bat and Trapeze on Wednesday and Thursday. We will then return to Wales to clear the route left behind.
Fingers crossed for some better weather.
This is from a while ago, when the sun was still shining!!